Monday, December 12, 2016

E.O.T.C On Thursday

E.O.T.C Thursday
Swimming pool and Morning


On Thursday morning we were told to wake up at 6.00am to get ready and at 6.30am we did our boot camp. Our boot camp was hard because we had to do sprints back and forth and shuttles around rugby cones. It was also fun because we did it in teams and a lot of people were encouraging others.

After fitness we went inside to cool down and to pack the rest of our stuff and to put it in our classes. We had to wait a little bit before breakfast because it was being prepared.

The breakfasts choices were baked beans and weetbix. I choose baked beans and they were the best. During breakfast people were talking about the games they were going to play before we were going to the pools.

I saw heaps of different games in the hall. There was monopoly, card games, cluedo, jenga and connect four. Me and my friends played connect four and last card. I was in my  competitive mode because I don’t like losing but sometimes you just have to deal with it. I still lost even though I was in the lead in last card.

It was time to line up for the pool. It was very loud because there were heaps of conversations. Miss Hill's class went out to to the bus first, it was a false alarm because there weren’t any busses out in the front. We had to wait more and more. Now the busses were here and we all went out. This time it was for real. I was so annoyed that the busses weren’t there because I really wanted to go to the swimming pools faster.


We were on the busses and I sat next to Warda and we played 21 together and I won. I felt so awesome that I won because I love winning things. The next game we played was S.T. I won again because Warda said something that started with S.

We arrived at the pool and lined up at the front of the entrance doors. We went in and waited for the reception to tell us to come in, during the wait we started conversations. We got dressed and went into the pool and listened to a lifeguard before we went in. I started swimming and I got a big splash of pool water in the face. I was splashing everyone. I felt the rush go through me as I kept splashing the people who surrounded me.

Me, my friend and my cousin went to check if the humongous hydro slide was open and also to check if Warda was tall enough. We walked up to the measurer and Warda was just above 1.3 metres. It wasn’t open yet until later though. We occupied ourselves and went into the pool to play tag. Time went on and on and every now and then we checked the slide. 30 minutes later it was open but there was a  massive line up the stairs. We waited anyways.

It was my turn to go down. I went down with a lot of speed. Until it got boring we didn’t do it. We went into the pool again but me and my friend Ronita went on the obstacle course. It was so slippery at the time.

I had lunch and then had a very short rest, then we went into the deep end and jumped. For the rest of the swimming time it was boring because we had nothing to do, but when the waves came it was awesome.

We had 5  minutes left and I decided to get out early so I wasn’t the last one out of the changing rooms. I entered the changing rooms and a very large bunch of air came towards me. It was cold and wet. I grabbed my towel and rustled it around, then someone else came in but the person didn’t come from Rangikura school. It was a stranger. After that my friends came in talking. I was changed and by the time I went out the door everyone filled the changing rooms.

Everyone was out of the pools, on the bus and waiting to head of back to school.
The pools were the end of our E.O.T.C week.
I thought that it was very fun at the time. When we got back to school we saw most of our gear on the class room floor.

There was extra time left before we had to go home so we had to read. We also had some of the leftover baking from the sleepover.
There was cake, different types of muffins and heaps more.

By Wanita

No comments:

Post a Comment